Sunday, November 15, 2009

My Grandpa's Funeral



My Grandpa Howell was so much fun.  I remember when I was little he would throw me up in the air, play tick tock with me (hold me by my feet and swing me like a grandfather clock), he would set up the hamick for us and push us on the swings.  I loved by Grandpa Howell.  Unfortuneately he suffered from Alheimers desease for around 10 years which led to his death on October 6, 2009.  These are pictures of the funeral.  He was in the Army and they had a really good and respectful funeral service for him.



Laurie and Bostyn


Ladd Hallows




Who says you can't have a good time at a funeral?




On the same note, my nephew Will (left) was very sad about the whole thing.  He is so tender hearted and loved Grandpa Howell as well.



My Aunt Kerri (left) and my mom Kathy (right)



Ladd and Laurie




Baby Bostyn



This is my Grandma Howell.  It was a relief for her that her husband was able to leave this life becasue it made her sad and it was a too hard of a task to care for him.




Isn't it ironic that the cemetary is right by the temple?  Life doesn't stop at the grave, it is eternal:)



The Whole family together but Rhett and Bradley




Left to Right: Blake Howell, Grandma Howell, Loraine Mitchell, Cynthia Thalman, Kerri Rawlins (top), Kathy Anderson (bottom) Debra K. Mangum, Greg Howell.  These are all the children of Ken and Yvonne Howell.


2 comments:

Courtney said...

so sorry for your loss guys.

Andrea said...

Thanks for posting all the pictures. I'll have to copy them for my blog.