Friday, June 11, 2010

May

May
So we made it to Houston TX.  It was a long drive but we made it.  Bostyn did as well as a 10 month old could have done.  Whenever she fussed or cried, singing usually calmed her down, so there was a lot of singing.  I'm surprised Ladd and I weren't hoarse by the time we got here.  Anyway, Ladd started being gone all day so Bostyn and I went to the pool.  Considering how warm it is here, Bostyn really enjoyed the cool water in the pool. 



Working Hard
This is Ladd working before work.  This job takes a lot of hard mental work.  He is listening to sales stuff.  When he comes home he says he can't think anymore because his brain is exhausted.  Poor guy.



Comfortable?
Ok so we didn't have a crib or pack n play for Bostyn for the first couple of weeks we were here.  We had her sleeping on a couple of blankets on the floor.  At first she actually slept really well and didn't move around much.  Then she figured out that she was free to roam anywhere in her room.  She would go around playing with the spring door stoppers (We had the room baby-proofed so no worries), and anything else she could find.  I had to go in two or three times to put her back down before she would finally go to sleep.  One time she would not go to sleep so we just shut the door and let her roam for awhile.  I noticed from the monitor it was really quiet and I knew there was no way she laid on her blankets to go to sleep so Ladd and I went to see.  We looked under the door crack just in case she was in front of the door and she was.  She laying with her head right in between her legs. It was really funny.  Of course we didn't leave her like that--we put her on her blankets and covered her up.  We thought maybe it was a good time to get a pack-n-play for her.  In the meantime though if you look a couple more picutures down, she did it again!  So then I felt bad a got her a bed really soon after that.  But even in her bed she would fall asleep like that so whatever gets her to sleep right?  Doesn't seem comfortable but if your that flexible why not?




I think she likes strawberries!
Bostyn is so particular sometimes.  Sometimes I will cut the strawberries for her and she won't eat them but if I give them to her whole, she chows down.  Same with bananas--she won't eat them in pieces, but if I give her a big long piece then she will eat it.  I hope this pickiness doesn't last long!



Sunday Afternoon
These are just pictures of Ladd and Bostyn.  We went down by the pool on a Sunday afternoon but it was right after Houston had a big storm so the pool was pretty dirty and a little cold so we just waded our feet in it.  Bostyn thought it was fun to kick her legs in the water.
Hair
So Bostyn for some reason can't leave her hair alone when she is eating.  She likes to pull on it.  Her hands get really sticky with the food that she is eating and then she will pull on her hair.  It gets her hair all sticky and dirty.  This really gets annoying when she does this right after her bath!  Well, what can you do?  Just smile and take a picture I guess:)

Grandpa Hallows

Grandpa Hallows passed away May 23, 2010.  Ladd, Bostyn and I were able to go home and be with family for the funeral.  This may sound kind of wierd but I actually like funerals.  I like them becasue it is a time when families are able to get together not just for another reunion or party but for a time that we can REALLY be together and enjoy each other and bond in such a spiritual way.  I always feel the spirit so strong when I am at a funeral and it just reminds me what life reallly is about.  Grandpa Hallows was such a good man and even though I only knew him for a short time, I am very thankful for him and his influence he had on his family.  Ladd and I were very thankful we were able to join our family for this event.




Scandinavian Days
My family goes to Scandinavian Days every year becasue the Anderson Family (all my extended family) does the Famous Sanpete BBQ Turkey booth there.  The Line is usually the longest line at the whole festival and the booth is very busy all the time.  We actually ran out of food a lot earlier than usual this year.  It was really fun this year becasue all of my family was there except a couple of brother-in-laws and I was able to take Ladd and Bostyn for the first time.  We went to the parade and looked around the booths and ate free BBQ turkey and picadilly's.  After we were done we were able to go to the cemetary and pay our respects to my grandparents and other reletives in Ephraim and Manti.  It was fun to go to Scandinavian Days with my famiiy becasue I haven't been the past couple of times and probably won't for many future times becasue of Ladd's Job so it was good to be with family.



These are all the grandkids in my immediate family.  There are twelve of them now and none on the way.  We are getting to be a pretty big family now but it is alot of fun.  Grandma Howell in in the midst of all of them. 

Bostyn was pretty tired after being in the sun all day and not having any good naps.

This is the new look she is giving.  It is like a squinting thing.  She was doing this to Melissa cause Melissa was teasing her.  It's a pretty funny look.  Ladd taught her how to squint.

4 comments:

Dusty and Stacie Johnson said...

So SO fun! Bostyn is the cutest little girl I have ever met! We really need to all get together and hang out, I miss seeing you two :D

Andrea said...

I am so glad you were able to come home at the same time as me! I love all the pics and I'm glad you got Bostyn a bed!

Luke and Mariah said...

Ha ha ha! I am still chuckling about Bostyn's sleeping positions!! That is soooo funny! And Lincoln does the same thing with smearing his food in his hair! Why?? You guys are so great!

Corbin and Katie said...

Bahaha Lol I am also chuckling. That is so funny, Corbin and I would have started laughing and woke Cooper up if he slept like that. Oh my gosh that is so funny. She really is a doll! I love when you blog, you always have such cute pics to go with everything!