Sunday, May 11, 2008

Home on the Range....

So the time I have been home from school I have been preparing to go to Wyoming to be a cook at a Dude Ranch! I have been cooking nearly every breakfast and dinner since I have been home. I start work on the 15th of May to get trained and then I get to take a break and go to Hawii and then I am on my back to the range right after that. I will be working for my cousin and her husband and my brother will be out there as well so it should be lots of fun. The job description is to just cook... cook all day long--breakfast, lunch and dinner for all the guest and the crew and the family that will be up there. There could be up to twenty guests and there is twelve crew and family so I be really busy sweating over the hot stove trying to fix up a gormet meal. I think this will be a great oportunity and a ton of fun! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Annie said...

ahhh the dude ranch. it still cracks me up when you would say dude ranch. haha
anyways ya i will email those pictures for you
are you surviving without laddie?

Andrea said...

I wish I had a personal cook. We are getting sick of hotdogs here at our house.

Heather said...

Hey Laurie,
Your blog is cute. I don't know if you have left yet or not, but I hope you have a wonderful summer. I made my blog private, so if you will send me your e-mail address I will send you an invite. My e-mail is heatherhallows@yahoo.com. Talk to you later.
Heather