Saturday, August 22, 2009

Where it Began

Yesterday, one year ago Ladd proposed to me in the Rocky Mountains on our way home from Texas. I guess I should tell the story because I didn't last year. Ladd flew me out to Texas so I could drive home with him back to Utah. We stopped in Denver to stay at my sisters house for the night and then we took off again for the long drive home through the Rockies. Ladd and I had wanted to stop at a couple of places to see a bit of the Rockies just for fun so we came by Frisco and there is a big lake that we wanted to see. We stopped and took a little stroll on a walking path around the lake and we stopped at a bench to sit and enjoy the beautiful scenery. He started picking me some flowers and has he was giving them to me he got down on one knee, opening a box with a gorgeous ring in it and asked me to marry him. I was speechless and I just hugged him--and then I said yes! I had a perma-grin on my face the rest of the way home:) I can't believe we are coming up on our one year anniversary! It seems that time has just flown by! I mean jees, we already have a baby girl! It's crazy to me that we have only known each other for just under 2 years because it feels like I have known him all my life! I love Ladd Hallows so much and I am so glad he proposed to me. I guess I should say happy engagement anniversary Ladd:) I Love you!