Monday, January 17, 2011

The New Year and a New Me

The New Year has come with some New Resolutions!  First and foremost, I would like to tell everybody that I am going to be blogging at least twice a month.  Honestly this really is not something I enjoy doing and I feel like it takes some time, however I feel that it is important to keep this going because I don't journal too much and I feel like I am writing myself a family history.  So there is one of my New Year's Resolutions.
This Past year of 2010 has been a very good one.  We have done a lot of fun things and lived life.  Some of the major points of 2010 was that we bought a house in Enoch UT!  It is so fun and nice to have a home that we can call ours and do whatever we want with it.  However, there are some downfalls to owning your own home...all our utilities put together cost almost as much as our rent did where we lived before!  (Ok that is a little exaggerated but its expensive) that really is my only complaint because I absolutely love having a home with space!
Another really major thing from 2010 is that from January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2010, I was able to lose about 50 pounds!  Some might say that I am bragging, but whoever has had struggles with weight and weight loss can say with me that 50 pounds is a HUGE accomplishment!  I definitely can not say that I look fantastic but I feel great and I am so much happier with life and myself.  I would like to lose 15-20 pounds more and its is going to be extremely hard and it might take another full year!
Ladd graduated with his Bachelor's in 2010 from SUU and he and I are very excited!  He is now managing for Platinum and is very busy with that so it is a good thing that he is done with school.

Some things that are going on right now:
I'm am a stay at home mom who is finishing school online with only one class.  Sometimes I forget about it because it is only one class that I never have to go to.  It feels like I am basically done and am starting my next phase in life.  At first I was not sad at all about being done with school but lately I have been a little sad because I don't really get out much and all my time consist of cleaning the house and making meals.  My days feel a little empty but somehow I can't find time to blog, or start on any of the projects I really want to do like PICTURES--not scrap booking but creating a photo book with journal doing it digitally.  Anyway, I am at the beginning stages of developing a good daily routine and trying to decide how things are going to go in my life.  Maybe my days feel empty because I am not accountable for anything right now.  I don't have to be anywhere or have things done by a certain day.  This is not very good for me because it really makes it hard for me to get going every morning.  I have the hardest time waking up!  I feel so guilty about it too because I feel like I am not appreciating life and my days go by so fast!  Anyway, I am very happy but I for sure have some faults and need improving every day!
Bostyn is 18 months and she is getting to be such a cute little girl and so much fun!  She is starting to talk a little bit but she thinks she can have a full blown conversation with you because she will just jabber and talk as if she knows sentences.  It is really cute.  She has found the value of writing utensils.  She likes pens and she likes to draw on herself.  She is starting to eat better and that makes me so happy.    She is a very happy little girl and loves life.  I will be blogging more about our family (at least twice a month) and I have decided it is going to be more that a Bostyn blog.  I found that I was just blogging about Bostyn before but I am going to try to incorporate a few more thoughts and events and milestones in our (Ladd, Laurie Bostyn) lives.  I just hope this is one of new years resolutions I can keep.

1 comment:

The Mickelsen's said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! 50 LBS! THAT IS AWESOME I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! -not that u even needed to lose that much- bet theres none left of you! :) cant wait to see you-- u skinny thing!