Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I will be better!

So I am ashamed to say that for a while now I have stopped looking at other peoples blogs for a very shameful reason.  I had stopped blogging all together for a while there.  But the reason I stopped looking at other peoples blogs is because of a self pity, jealousy and envious reasons--shameful isn't it?  Sometimes I feel like blogging for people is their right to brag and the reason I thought this is because I was jealous of other peoples life.  Well, for the first time in a long while, I looked at other peoples blogs tonight!  I was nervous to do it because I find myself thinking every time things like, "she is so skinny and I'm not, she is so pretty and I'm not, they do so many fun things and we don't, they have so many nice things and I don't, they are so creative and I'm not, they have such a nice and cute house and I don't.....do you get where I am going and the list goes on.  Ladd said I was not allowed to look at other people's blogs because of the mood it put me in which was wallowing in self pity.  But when I was looking at others' blogs tonight, I was starting to get those feelings again until I came by somebodies blog (I hope she doesn't care if copy but it was inspiring) which basically said nothing really matters but your relationship with God and our Savior and our Family!  It really put me in place when I read it.  I thought to myself that none of those things really do matter.  What I should be worried about are the things that are favorable in my Heavenly Father's eyes.  "Have I done any good in the world today," is what I should be asking myself.  I shouldn't be worried about how skinny I am or what others think of me or if I have the best decorations and the cutest house and so much more.  It is sinful to be envious of other people and their things.  "Thou shalt not Envy"  So now everyone who reads this, I want to say that I am sorry because I have probably envied you in one way or another and would want to ask for forgiveness.  I am no longer going to be looking at blogs while thinking these shameful things.  I am going to be happy for everyone and their accomplishments and whatever they may be doing in their lives.  Blogging is a great thing for people!  Instead of letting other's accomplishments make me envious, I am going to let it be inspiring and motivating to me and it is going to help me be a better person.  So everybody, keep blogging and help me be motivated in my life to do good in every way because nothing matters except the good things:)

2 comments:

Dusty and Stacie Johnson said...

I kind of have the same problem Laurie so thank you so much for writing this blog. It is hard for me sometimes but if I can just keep that in mind I will be able to get over it somehow. Thanks Laurie, you are a great girl with an amazingly fun and cute life!

Andrea said...

I really like the new twist you are taking on blogging! It's is fun to read some of your thoughts and you trying to better yourself is very encouraging to me too. By the way, you are BEAUTIFUL and I have always beeen jelous of how photogenic you are. I'm so glad you are my sister!