Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Aloha!

Aloha everybody! I just got back from Hawaii vacationing with my family. The whole family came except Andrea's husband and all the little kids other than the nursing babies of course. We all had a blast. We drove all the way to LA to fly out because the plane tickets were so cheap and I guess it was even worth the gas to get down there. We left at three in the morning to leave and we finally got into Hawaii at six in the afternoon. It was a long day, and I had jet lag major! We did so many things. We did all we could squeeze into the week that we were there.

Day 1: our first day was beach day. The beach that we went to that day had this perfect cliff jumping rock. I thought I was going to be big bad and cool by jumping off. It didn't look that high from the ground but when I got up there it was way high and scary. It took me forever to finally get myself to jump. We were also able to do some snorkeling at this beach. I had never snorkeled before so it was weird at first but I got the hang of it and I snorkeled forever and found some really cool fish.

Ahhhh! Sharks! ha ha teasing. They are actually dolphins, but they do look like sharks though huh. They got really close to shore and the life guard was saying that they were still babies and quite dangerous so we weren't allowed to swim by them. They were really showing off though...they were flipping and twirling and doing all sorts of stuff.



Supposedly this place is famous for its shaved ice. It was good but nothing to be that famous over. They put ice cream in the bottom and so that made it pretty good I guess.



Day 2: We went to the temple and did baptisms for the dead. The temple was very pretty and it was just amazing how they set it all up. There were palm trees just lined up on each side clear from the road up to the temple and made it quite a sight to see.

There was this awesome tree behind the temple. It's quite hard to explain how it works but I guess vines grow from the branches and root into the ground and it makes all these trunks and it is just keep making more and more. You can't even tell where the original tree trunk is. The boys had a great time climbing it.

No comments: