Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cooking, Cooking and more Cooking....

So I am the Ranch for good for the summer and I am having a great time. Pretty much all I do here is cook lots and lots of food. It's an adventure every meal...trying new recipes, doing things I have never done before...its somewhat of a thrill! I have made a few really good meals like Salmon, pork chops (I used this really good marinade for them), shrimp scampi, and lots of other things. I am still testing the waters before the guests arrive. I have been practicing different things so I kind of know whats good and whats not. Another thing that is quite difficult is knowing how much food to make. I would rather cook too much food than not enough food but then I get a lot of left overs and I hate leftovers because I can't really do to much with them but I feel too guilty throwing them all away! So that is one thing I am going to have to learn to judge. The flu has been going on around here...at least that's what I hope it is and that its not my cooking...that would be horrible if I have poisoned everybody!!! No, it has actually been really cold here and so I'm hoping that its just the cold weather and a virus. We went fishing last night in the little pond here where they just dumped a lot of fish and I caught two!!! I was so excited...but I guess its not that great seeming their is a lot of fish in a little pond but it was still very fun. Anyways, I am having a good time and learning lots of new things. Next time I will try and get some pictures.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

please keep all the recipes you use this summer - I want you to teach me what you learn and I want a copy of all the recipes!