Tuesday, July 1, 2008

OUCH!!!

This is one of my many burns that I have received here at Red Hills Ranch. It's a tough and dangerous life working this job and it hurts a lot at times. This particular burn was from a pan that I was carrying. I was going through the door while carrying this pan (I was in a hurry) and there was something behind the door which made the pan fall off my hand and onto my arm! It hurt really bad. I have a few others as well: one is from just opening the oven door, another is from a skillet plug (the long metal thing that goes into the plug) and another is just from touching a hot pot. One of the things I hate cooking most is bacon and sausage. I have started wearing gloves to protect my arm from the popping grease. The frying pans don't have any lids for some reason so the grease just pops everywhere. I'm surprised grease hasn't popped in my eye yet! Anyways, regardless of the danger and pain, this job is very enjoyable and I am learning new things everyday.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm sorry you keep getting burned. Just make sure you keep all the recipes you are making so you can share them with me.

Holly said...

That looks painful! Keep ointment on it so you don't have scars all over. I also think you should be the designated cook for family functions and holidays!