Monday, January 4, 2010

He Got Away!!!

Alright, I tried the peanut butter on the mouse trap and it worked--but it only got his tail!  We didn't know what to do because it was fully alive and trying to get away.  Of course I didn't want to handle it so I made Ladd but he didn't want to do it either.  I told him this was a man's job and so he had to do it.  He wanted to just throw the mouse away in the garbage alive and I wouldn't let him cause I thought that would be mean to let it be thrown away alive--the poor mouse would probably try to eat it's tail off so it could get away.  I told Ladd we just need to knock it out before we throw it out but Ladd didn't want to grab the trap with the mouse on it cause he thought it would bite him (Ladd had leather gloves on for crying out loud!)  So while we were arguing about the mouse, the mouse climbed back into his hole while the trap was still attached to his tail.  Finally, Ladd grabbed the mouse trap and tried to pull the mouse out of his hole but his tail slipped out of the trap and he got away.  Yep the mouse is free again to wander around our house like he owns the place!  Ladd said he would rather wait till the trap snaps his neck before he would ever try to kill it himself anyway but I would have rather gotten the dang rodent out of our house while we had the chance!  Oh well I guess.  We'll get you next time little mousey mouse!

2 comments:

Corbin and Katie said...

That is a good story. It made me laugh..Good luck with the mouse, hope all goes well next time!

Andrea said...

oh dang. I say try the sticky traps. I can just imagin you and Ladd fighting over picking it up - ha, ha!